Finlay Beaton Chief Flight Instructor
Certificates held: ASEL, AMEL, Instrument, Commercial, ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, Advanced and Instrument Ground Instructor. Synthetic Flight Instructor with CRMi privileges in the UK.
Type ratings: Beech King Air 300, Cessna Citation 560 XL and Gulfstream 450/550 (G5).
Senior Check Airman, FAA Gold Seal Flight Instructor, DC-9 Instructor Pilot for USA Jet Airlines
Certificates held: ASEL, AMEL, Instrument, Commercial, CFI, CFII, MEI, Single Engine Seaplane
Available full time, Jayne has been a CFI for many years. She loves adventure, and loves travel -- all the continents except Antarctica! Lately she's been zip-lining in Costa Rica, bungee-jumping in New Zealand, and pulling 6 Gs of aerobatic maneuvers in the SU-29, pictured here, having fun flying a sea plane in Traverse City.
A former university and high school teacher, Jayne has worked with many pilots to earn licenses and ratings. Her interests other than aviating include:
- organizing fun for Au Pairs from all over the world
- sailing on Lake Michigan
- growing Chardonnay grapes in Suttons Bay area, north of Traverse City
- watching movies, getting hooked on an actor, then creating a film festival at home
- working on the new bathroom in her favorite 100 year-old-house
- finding augers for the hoist at the end of the dock for her Hobiecat - last year the hoist didn't stay put in wind and waves!
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, staying at her timeshare in the Quarter
Certificates held: ASEL, AMEL, Instrument, Commercial, MEI, CFI, ATP
Former airline pilot, with a Lear type rating, available full time
Certificates held: ASEL, AMEL, Instrument, Commercial, MEI, CFI, CFII, ATP
Retired airline and corporate pilot